Are you planning on getting an early start on Halloween decorating this year or are you looking for some fun decorations for a Halloween party. Well, we have just the solution for both situations as in this blog post we are going to show you how to make your own quirky ghost balloons.
What You Need:
- White Helium Filled Balloons
- Black Dry Erase Marker
- White Tissue Paper
- Double Sided Tape
- Pink or Red Vinyl (Optional)
- Inflate the balloons.
- Fold a sheet of tissue paper in half lengthwise (hot dog style), and then fold it into thirds widthwise. Cut a scalloped edge along the bottom of your tissue paper.
- Unfold your tissue and cut into two, down the length of your first fold. You will use one for each ghost.
- Place a few pieces of double-sided tape along the non-scalloped edge of your tissue and adhere it around the center of the balloon. If the tissue does not reach all the way around, you can add a smaller piece to fill in the gap.
- Draw your faces! Use a black marker to draw eyes, sunglasses, a mouth—whatever you so choose. You can also cut pink tongues, red hearts or other “accessories” out of vinyl and attach them to the balloon for an extra pop of color.
- Tie your ghosts together or place them individually along your driveway, by your front door or around your party. You could even leave them face-less and let guests draw their own and take it home as a Halloween party favor.