Christmas is only just over a week away so we are all putting the finishing touches to our Christmas shopping and decorations. Although, if you are looking to make your own Christmas tree ornaments rather than buying them, this is the perfect blog post for you. This particular DIY idea isn’t made out of balloons but balloons are used in the process to make the fantastic home made ornaments.
What You Need:
- PVA Glue
- Plastic Bowl
- Silver/Grey Spray Paint
- Blue Tac
- Put some PVA glue into a plastic bowl and mix it with a little bit of water.
- Inflate one of your balloons to about the size of a standard Christmas tree ornament.
- Tie the balloon once it is inflated.
- Get some of your string/twine and dip the end of the string/twine into the PVA glue.
- Tie the same piece of string/twine to the end of the balloon.
- Begin to slowly wrap around the small balloon.
- While you are wrapping the string/twine around the balloons, make sure you are overlapping the string/twine.
- Decide how much string/twine you need to hand the ornament and cut it.
- Use blue tack to hang it on the ceiling from the string/twine.
- Cut the balloon tie off slowly so to deflate the balloon.
- Once the balloon is inflated, use a scissors to pull it out of the twine slowly.
- Once the balloon is removed, use spray paint to make the ornament a bright colour.
- Let it dry.
Note: If you found any of the instructions difficult to follow, just follow the steps in the video below. (Credit to Heilely Hyde).