Glow in the dark balloons are easy and affordable to make but are also really eye-catching and effective as a decoration. This type of DIY activity is so much fun for older children but is also simple and quick so it doesn’t take up much of your time. DIY glow in the dark balloons are perfect for birthday parties or a house party. Read on to see how you can make your own.
What you need:
- Colourful balloons
- Multi-coloured curling ribbon
- Multi-coloured glow sticks
- Activate as many glow sticks as you have and make sure you have least one or two for each balloon.
- Blow up the balloons like normal, but before tying a knot at the neck, drop a glow stick or two inside.
- Tie the balloon.
- Cut a good length of curling ribbon and tie to the end of the balloon.
- Attach bunches of balloons around the party room. The balloons look more effective in darker areas of the room as their colours will look brighter.
Tip: Stick the balloons (either by the balloon or the curling ribbon) to the ceiling using blu-tac or double sided tape. It’ll make them look like they’re floating.