Balloon drops are so much fun to have at birthday parties and other special occasions like weddings, engagement parties or even hen parties. Although, we don’t have the time to pull off a balloon drop that has over 5,000 balloons, we can manage to help you create your own small balloon drop for a party that you may be having at home or at a small party venue.
What You Need:
- 1 rectangular plastic tablecloth
- Ball of yarn
- Painter’s tape
- Hole punch
- Balloons – as many as you like (we blew ours up with a balloon pump)
- Confetti (optional)
- Cut your tablecloth in half, hole-punch along either side where you cut it, and weave the yarn between the holes to “sew” the tablecloth back together. Be sure to leave at least a yard of yarn on one side of the tablecloth so you can pull on it to release the balloons. (Think of it as a “zipper” to release the balloons.) Tape extra yarn to the ceiling with painters tape so no one accidentally pulls on it and makes the balloons drop early.
- Use painters tape to tape either side of your tablecloth to the ceiling. Leave some slack in the center of your tablecloth so it can hold a bunch of balloons.
- Blow up balloons (we used 70) and place them between the tablecloth and the ceiling. For added fun, throw some confetti up there with the balloons as well.
- When the time comes, pull the loose end of yarn along the seam of the tablecloth, and watch the balloons drop!
Thanks to Evite.com for this fantastic DIY party idea! – https://ideas.evite.com/diy/diy-balloon-drop/